Monday, September 28, 2009

Joel's first letter!

Dear Mom, Dad, Amanda. Olivia, and Julia,
I'm alive! That may seem like a given to you but there were multiple times today when I thought I was going to fall over from sheer exhaustion. The MTC is nothing like I expected and frankly I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. But, one thing that I do know is that I've never been closer to the spirit or the 2,299 other missionaries that are doing everything they can to make sure they have the spirit with them. I love this feeling.
My companion is elder Blake Williams from Gilbert, Arizona. He's 21 years-old and a great guy. He wants to work hard and give it his all, and there's nothing more I could ask for. My teachers are incredible. One of them was in Sean's freshman ward, and today was his first day teaching; but I've never had such a humble teacher, and I've noticed, that with humility comes the spirit. There are 13 missionaries in my district, consisting of 10 elders and 3 sisters, and 6 of us are going to the Dominican Republic, 3 to Santiago. I can tell already that I'm going to feel pretty close to quite a few of these people, so yes, Dad, I'm writing down their information.
Well, I've been staying very busy, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. My Branch President wanted us to write tonight to tell you that all is well, and it absolutely is . . .
My P-day will be on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I'll get to e-mail, but there is still so much to learn. I love you guys so much I can't even explain and I'm excited to hear from you.
Love,
Elder Joel Cornwell
P.S. I'm a missionary!!!!(with a name tag) (-:

0 comments:

Post a Comment