Monday, October 12, 2009

Have I Done Any Good?

Hey Momma,
Thanks for all the e-mails :) and please aplogize to the girls for me cause I don't have enough time to reply to everyone, so i hope this gets to them too. I've got 9 days left!!! It's crazy! I received my travel plans just a couple of days ago and I found out the I leave here at 6 a.m. on Thursday morning. So I can see Amanda! That is if I can find her on wednesday night, but that shouldn't be too tough.> I've had an awesome week which included an incredibly filled package from the Greenwoods complete with a loaf of bread, chocolate/caramel covered pretzels, and cookies. I also got a nice bag of candy and a journal and stuff from Nikki. Lots of M&Ms :) haha But one of the best parts about this week was yesterday...
We went to the Referral Center to receive calls and chats from people that are interested and have questions. I thought it was going to be ok, until I got my first call... a 19 year old girl named Mayda from Orlando Florida called and I asked how I could help her and she says, "I just don't understand why God took my daughter when she was only a year and a half." ........... what do you say to that?!.... I was very sympathetic and thought about Angie and I know that it can be extremely hard to lose a child like that. But somewhere in there (totally with the help and guidance of the spirit) I was able to send her a copy of the DVD "Together Forever" which is all about families in the hereafter and bear my testimony to her that I know that she can see her daughter again. It was a little scary, but the Lord totally provided a way for her spirits to be lifted and hopefully eventually feel the Holy Ghost. I also talked to two more people, both of which were willing to receive a visit from the missionaries and a Book of Mormon. I made arrangements to call them back next week... Yay! my first investigators :)
Anyway, I've had an awesome week and can't wait to have Amanda share in this too. My flight leaves from the SLC airport at 8:30 in the morning on thursday and after bouncing between Ft. Lauderdale and Puerto Rico I get to the DR around 9:30 that night. It'll be a nice long day, but I'm excited to go there.
Tell Julia that I'm very grateful for her taking care of the blog, that's awesome. And tell Olivia that she better be fluent by the time I get back so we can chat it up and sing together. I'd ask you to tell amanda something for me, but i'll see her next week :) O! and Steph-o gets here tomorrow haha Estoy muy animado!
I love you and can't wait to talk to you agian. I want to share everything with you and want the same back...
Love,
Elder Joel Robert Cornwell

0 comments:

Post a Comment