Dear Fam,
I have to tell you about this weekend. It's funny, because everything that I'm talking about is what you have already told me. But it was amazing, even being 800 miles away... I was counting down the days, then the hours, then even the minutes until Nick was baptized, and he should feel pretty special because we had a party for about 30 seconds in class on saturday with my district because I was so happy I made them :) I think secretly they're all pretty annoyed with me, because all weekend I was like, "hey elders, guess what happens in 7 hours?" except I kinda understand their side of it because I'd do it about every ten minutes....
Anyway, as if my weekend could get any better than just knowing that my best friend got to feel the blessings of the gospel, I got to share his story with a lady on the phone in the Referral Center. I didn't get to tell everything, but i did get to tell how a 19 year old stud took matters into his own hands and figured things out for himself. The lady was very impressed with the fact that someone could do that and it was a major contributor to her agreeing that she would pray. So there ya go, Nick, you've been a member for three days and you're already improving the lives of others.
I'm really glad things are going so well at home, It's crazy to think that you're actually here in Utah right now as I'm writing this, on your way to bring Amanda up here. I love that she got the chance to have that dinner with the young women, and I know that the spirit she showed there is going to be much more her normal attitude in life. She's incredible and I can't even tell you what kind of respect I've gained for sister missionaries since I've been here, and I know that she will be up there with the best.
Well I've got about a day and a half left in the United States... bahahaha that's so AWESOME!! I leave thursday morning and I can call home from the airport to say hi if I'd like.... yes, mom, I will. But then I arrive in the DR about 9:30 that night. That's when the fun begins. I can't even tell you how excited I am. I mean I like it here, but I just can't wait to get laughed at for trying to speak Spanish :) But i'm pretty positive that I'll get to see Amanda tomorrow night while she's trying to figure out what on earth she's supposed to be doing.
I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you again. I'm off to work, cause I have more to do than I could possibly imagine, and the best part is that I'm going to feel that way for almost another two years :)
Love
Elder Joel Cornwell
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment