Monday, September 27, 2010

I used my leatherman!!!

Hello!
We had a great week! So much, let me start from the beginning. So last
P-day, when we got home to get ready to go back out to missionary work, our
sink decided that it didn't want to turn off, so then we had to push on one
of the handles so that it wouldn't flood and use a bowl to empty it. We did
that for about an hour and a half and then one of the great men that work at
the mission office came and helped us, little did we know that to turn off
the water is really easy! So then he fixed our sink an we got a pretty new
faucet! And he used my leatherman to help and it was great! Saved us that
evening. So then we needed to clean a lot and somehow during that process I
managed to cut my hand pretty well, but now it is great. ANd we had a lot
mold in our bathroom. And so last Tuesday, we had to pull out all the calk
or whatever it is called from our shower and then the elders came over to
help us redo it and clean it up. But while trying to remove the moldy
stuff, using my leatherman, I accidently got my finger a little bit with it.
So now I have a cut on each hand and my companions keep me away from sharp
objects!
As far as meetings go, it was a great week. We meet with the chicken
house family and the mom has a baptismal date! We are so excited and are
working hard with them. They are headed in a great direction, so we aren't
going to lose any ground hopefully. So we have a lot of baptisms coming up
and we are thinking we might have to push some back but they will all come
through. So it will be a very exciting next couple months here And
hopefully the work will just continue from there. WE are teaching a few
kids right now and it is so great.
Yesterday, I gave a talk in church! Can you believe, I still can't.
So since I have been here, which has already been a month!, I have already
born my testimony, been in a musical number, and spoke in church. it is
amazing what you can do as a missionary! I haven't done that much in an
English sacrament meeting in a long time. And I have enjoyed doing these
things too!
I just love being a missionary so much! And it is so fun to live in
Armenia. Nothing too crazy happened this last week. I sit in the front of
taxis now and tell them where to go and I always make them laugh with my
Armenian, that is fun. Transfers are next week, and Sister Furhiman is
going back to America! I will miss her so much, she has been such a great
trainer and so much fun. And rumor has it that Sister Davis might be moving
too, so we shall see. I have a lot of work this week to get this area down
better, it is huge! But it is so good! I really love it here in Shengavit!
I know that I will be here this next transfer but then after that I will for
sure leave, probably go out of the city.
It has been really warm here, this last week we had a couple really
cold days and it snowed but now it is good and warm again, so we might not
have much of a winter this year. And my feet and shoes are doing just
great!
Hope everything ended up being fun in Utah and that everything is going fine
getting back in to the routine. Excite to hear about your skiing
experience, mom.
Love you all so so much!!!
Sister corny
Ps- I don't know if you have heard yet but there were two missionaries in
Romania that died because of carbon monoxide poisoning, so terrible. But
don't worry are monitor thing works just fine, they are making sure
everyone's in the mission does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment