Monday, September 27, 2010

Making a difference!

Hello!
Well, everyone, sounds like everything is going well there. I am excited to
hear about Utah. Mom, I hope you can ski but I hope you are careful! And
sometime soon, you should send me a picture of your hair, I can open up
pictures on my email here. Livy, you will do great on your finals! I know
it. Julia, congrats on a making a basket in basketball and you made it
through the dreaded reciting an article of faith in sacrament. But those
articles of faith are so important, we give those cards out a lot.
Well, it has been another good week, I have learned a lot again. The
language continues to move a long. Every now and then a sentence just comes
out of my mouth without me having to think about it and the best thing is
that it makes sense! And I started making phone calls this week, it is fun.
I call the investigators that I know and when I say that it is me they get
so excited that I am talking to them on the phone. It is fun. Another job
I have had is to sit in the front of the taxi and tell them where we are
going. And then I get to talk to them. IT is great fun!
So this week we got a couple more investigators and some more baptismal
dates. It was exciting! So now we have seven investigators with baptismal
dates! It is so neat but a lot of work because I am pretty sure Satan is
working over time with some of them because of how great they are! So we
have had to restore, or at least try, some hope this last week. Which is
kind of hard here because we know it really will take a while to get better
here but where there is a will there is a way, and we all know that God's
will is the greatest and most im portant thing for us. So we will get
there. I know the gospel is the only, just like you said mom. It wouldn't
matter if a billionaire came here to change it, that isn't going to help.
THey just really need a new way of thinking. THese people are truly
amazing, I really do love them, but they get stuck in Soviet ways of
thinking and it is just so hard. I am so grateful though for the spirit and
the guidance it gives us. IT is amazing how my companions and I will come
out of a meeting and be on the same page of what happened and what to do
next. So many things can happen through the gospel! It is just so hard for
me to try and describe to others how much it as changed my life and how much
I know they need it. BUt I just pray for it and I know the Spirit will do
the rest.
I really love being a missionary so much! Even with the heartaches that
come, and we are almmost always muddy and tired, it is the most incredible
thing I have ever done! I am healthy and happy and safe!
funny moment of the week... A crazy Russian man told me to tell you, mom
and dad, thank you for bringing me into the world, so thank. Don't worry,
we walked quickly away from him. So this week I have decided that Armeian
AND russian men are crazy, but there are great ones too.
There are a few members we have here that are just incredible. THey know
that the Lord needs them here, even though they could easily go to America
and have a better life, they are so strong and I am just in awe of them.
They are carrying a lot of wait but I know they have a very special place in
our Heavenly Father's heart and great things in store! WE met with this
week, this darling family! THree little boys! The parents both served
misssions and the woman helped translate the Book of Mormon into Armenian.
THe man works for the church and is one of the best branch presidents we
have here. They are truly building the kingdom here, I can't wait to see
what they will continue do! but we were talking about how there really
needs to be a big change here and it is going to be this upcoming generation
that can do it! So that is our focus. The youth is such an incredible and
crucial part of the church!
I love you all so much!!!!
sister corny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment