Hello hello,
Well this is my third time typing this letter cause things keep
happening, so it may be brief, sorry. But we had a great week! First off,
I am so glad everything is good with joel. I totally know the feeling you
are talking about mom, on tuesday evening I totally knew something was up,
the holy ghost really keeps us all so connected.
This week was full of great lessons and a lot of learning. I am
starting to get to kn ow how we get to the varios places we go. THis week I
am really going to learn a lot more about that and how to buy things! I am
excited.
So this week, we worked on the chicken house more, hopefully we will
finish this week. THen, we taught that family that we are building it for
more, the kids have a baptismal date, so exciting! Now we just need to get
mom on board. Such a great family, they have gone through a lot but are
awesome because of it.
We meet with this other lady that we have been teaching since I have
been here and she lives out by them. She is a neat lady that has also gone
through a lot and has a hard situation. So we went over there and it was so
weird, right when we walked in, we could tell something was up. ANd sure
enough, we saw her, and all the light was gone from her eyes. So sad, she
was just frustrated with life. She is doing better now, so hopefully we are
back uphil for her.
THe hardest thing so far for me is to see all these people suffer and
I can't fix it all for them. But I have realized that I am doing the best
thing I can for them. I can give them the gospel! ANd it is amazing and
changes lives! It is such a privelege to do this work. I know it is God's
work and I try my hardest to do the best I can.
We had the baptism last weekend and it was so good! So excited to see
whaat this lady will do!
Armenian culture lesson of the week: Armenian men are crazy dad, I won't
bring one home, dad, don't worry. THey just think that women are here to do
things for them. Interesting thought. But once they understand the gospel,
that we are all God' children they are much better. So we are working on
that.
The food here is really good. I have oatmeal eveery morning for
breakfast, normally with apples and matzoon (its like yogurt). So yummy!
Everything is so good!
love and miss you all so much!
sister corny (that is my name now_
ps- mom can you add mrslaurie@msn.com to the email list. So that my friends
on missions can get my emails too. THanks! you are the best!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment