October 29, 2009
Hi Family! You are right, we really don't do anything for Halloween here. But we have been trying to convince our teachers to dress up as Noah, since he is supposedly Armenian but they aren't really going for that. But our teachers are really incredible! They are Brother Moss and Brother Schroeder. They have both been back for about two years. They know the language so well, and most importantly for us, they remind us everyday how important what we are doing is and we can do it. I have rarely felt the love of God so strong as I do through people besides you, these two men. You can listen to Brother Moss if you want, if you go to this last General Conference on line and go to the Armenian one, he does a lot of the translating. I think Elder Callister is him for sure. But I am so grateful for them. Our district continues to get along just really well. We have started to teach in Armenian. It is still a very brief and rough first lesson, but it is amazing what can happen with the spirit there despite the language barrier. It really makes me strive so much harder to always have the Spirit with me, cause I know that is really the only way I can teach. Elder Perry came for devotional this last week and it was so great! He talked about becoming a great teacher. Every devotional we sing "Called to Serve" and it is so amazing to sing that song sitting in a room with 2000+ missionaries! Thanks so much for the package this last week! It was so great! My companions are very appreciative of the candy as well! We have had the chance to talk a lot about primary these last two Sundays in Relief Society. They gave us the 2010 sharing time booklet and we learned the new song. It is such a great song! It was really fun this last week because in Relief Society we pretty much had singing time with Sister Matsumori! It was great and I am so excited that they keep talking about this because we have been told many times that there is a very big chance that as sister missionaries we will probably have a big role in the primary of where we are going! Well, I need to go get my laundry out of the dryer and get back to work. Love and miss you all so much!
love,
sister cornwell
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment