Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hello

October 22, 2009
Hello Family! It is so great to be able to e-mail you! I hope this makes today better for you, Mom! And I hope you do well this weekend. Girls, make sure you take good care of her! Well, everything is going great! My companions are great and the elders are great also. We have tons of fun together and are going to be so close after the MTC. But we do have a lot of work to do here! They keep us very busy and it takes a lot of discipline, so I am glad we are so close and have fun together, it makes the time go by faster. And our teachers are so awesome! They really make us feel so good about what we are doing! As far as the language, all I know is that there is no way I would know as much as I do now without the help of the Lord! It is so amazing to feel that help with you! We have learned the alphabet, how to introduce ourselves, how to pray and tonight we are supposed to teach a very basic first lesson in Armenian! So it is coming, and it really is a very neat language! I will write you something in my letter this week. All those m's and n's are starting to make sense to me! The word for "sister" is pretty much said "queer", so the elders have a little too much fun with that! There is one letter that is made by the same thing you do when gargling water, so that one is really hard, you should try it. Sometimes we do that with water to warm up. We got to teach some Armenians last night and it was so fun. We had to introduce ourselves in the language, it was interesting. But it was a good time. There is a building here named after Elder Booth, the missionary that baptized the Plowgians and Aposhians. One of my teachers did a huge report on him and was so excited to hear that he was involved with our family and is going to bring me some cool book about him. They were all excited to hear that I get to go where my family is from. I see the rest of Joel's district a lot, they are great! And I see Elder Case a lot. This is just a great place and I really love it, you just can't think to far ahead or you go crazy! I read D&C 31 this morning, it is my new favorite scripture and you should all read it! I feel like I have so many things to say, I just don't know what else to say, but don't worry, a letter will be coming soon with more! Love you and miss you all so much!sister cornwell... I am still getting used to that, I feel like people are always looking for you, Mom. But I love looking at my name tag! ps- could you send me some more socks please? (and if you need any other ideas... you could send some hair things, hard candy, or more sweaters)

0 comments:

Post a Comment