Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Love You!

November 5, 2009

Hello everyone!
So I wrote down before what I wanted to write, so hopefully this letter
will seem a little more organized, so I am going to get right to it.
I read the book "Our Search for Happiness" this last week with my
companions and it is so amazing! Such a good book, you should all go read
it. I have been learning so much! It really clearly describes what makes
our church so different from other ones.
So, every Wednesday night we go to the TRC and practice teaching. We
have an activity that we have to do in Armenian and then we teach a lesson
in English. The activity always is introducing ourselves and getting to
know someone and conversation things like that. And it is always with
Armenians or RMs from Armenia, so it can be kind of intimidating and hard to
understand them but they are so nice and understanding. It is such good
practice too. You can't expect the Lord to fill your mouth if you don't
open it! Last night we started teaching the Plan of Salvation and it was
awesome! I just love to teach these things! Then on Thursday and Saturday
nights we practice teaching the first lesson in Armenian. And it is slowly
but surely improving each week.
This language is just so neat. They have some really neat meanings to
their words. Some examples... the word for Bible literally means God's
breathe, I think that is one of my favorite ones. A funny one is that they
don't have a word for to smell, so what they use instead is a phrase that
means to pull a scent. The other night when we were teaching my companion
accidentally said that God gave Joseph Smith Mormon's flu instead of
Mormon's book... that could cause a real problem these days! Every morning
we "SYL", which means "speak your language" from 6:30-8:00 and it is always
funny. We pretty much end up bearing testimony over breakfast because that
is all we know what to do.
Everything is really so good and we have a lot of fun also. We have gym
time everyday and it is fun. We always play kickball with the Greek and
Lithuanian elders, or we play knockout. They have some serious four square
going on here!
Love you all so much!
Sister Cornwell
ps-livy... keep going to seminary, i'm sorry you had to miss a day:(... dad,
that would be a sad face.
pps- sean... are you out there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment