Thursday, November 26, 2009

Member to the Rescue!

November 19, 2009
Hey Momma....
Hahaha yes, I love bananas! I think they're addicting. And I'm
probably going to make rice and beans for lunch for the rest of my life...
we'll see... And now for your other questions:
I haven't seen Sister Eddington's mom, but she did send me a candy bar
via the MTC President's wife haha that was awesome. The weather is great.
Super humid always, but it's kinda cool cause it rains kind of a lot and at
really random times like it does in Hawaii. It's cooled down a little bit,
but I don't think it really ever changes that much. However the MTC
President said that the Santiago Mission is a little cooler, especially up
in the mountains. I have pretty much everything I need... and I'll be able
to shop for little things, so I think I'm alright. And yes, I email Amanda
just about every week, so you don't need to worry about passing anything on.
Thanks though :)
Now for the fun stuff... This week has been kinda crazy since we're
out of here on Tuesday morning, but it's been awesome! We went to the
University for the last time on Monday and it was definitely the most
exciting trip yet hahaha Elder Andersen and I were standing on a corner in
the park like we've done before and we got this group of women to come talk
to us. So we're standing there teaching a little about the Plan of
Salvation and this random guy comes up to us and says "Fieles Siempre!"
(Always Faithful) in the loudest voice I've ever heard haha so we were
thinking alright, cool. But then that same guy came back like two minutes
later while we were still teaching the same women and starts kinda yelling
about a lot of stuff that I couldn't understand, but I did hear "Gringos",
"NorteAmericanos", and "Patriotismo"... so you can imagine how I was
feeling... Then the women started yelling back at him to go away, that guy's
voice is getting louder and louder, and now people walking on the street are
stopping and staring... Fun right?!
Then the man started getting closer and closer to us like he was gonna
get a little physical, but right then this probably 26 year old woman
comes out of nowhere, tells him off, tells the women we were teaching to
have a seat and hold on just one second, and takes us aside with a smile on
her face saying, "Somos Hermanos" while pointing to a sticker on her
notebook of the Young Woman's symbol. Yes, that was a blessing. So we kept
teaching a few more people and ended up having quite the excellent day.
But what else?... I'm healthy. I haven't gotten fat, and if I wanted
to I've about missed my chance... I'm more psyched than ever to be a
missionary, and I go into the field on Tuesday. Things are perfect.
I'm stoked for Livy about school, sounds like she's doing great. and
tell Julia that she's not allowed to pass me in height... cause that would
be unfortunate. Tell Dad and Sean that I'll be right there with them in two years for
another motorcycle trip, but to have enough fun this time for all three of
us.
I love you and want you to know that all is well with me. I'm working
hard and trying to live up to the examples you have set.
Love
Elder Cornwell

0 comments:

Post a Comment