November 12, 2009
Momma!!!!!!!
:) YOU DID IT!!.... I can't even tell you how excited I am for you...
It's incredible! Today seemed so far away when I left not quite two months
ago and I am so relieved for you it's ridiculous hahaha I know you still
have to go through radiation, and I can't imagine that'll be fun, but it's
another step! Almost there!
Things are good here too... Not too much is different, just pluggin'
away with the studies and sucking down bananas three times a day... I don't
know what I'll do when I don't get a banana for every meal when I get home,
not gonna lie, it's gonna take some getting used to. But there were a
couple exciting things this week...
Monday was a día de fiesta, día de la constitución, so we didn't go to
the University, but we got to go yesterday instead. And once again, it was
awesome! We went to the same corner as last week and stopped anybody that
we could to talk with us for a few minutes and it was great. We had a small
group for a little bit asking questions and stuff, but they all had classes
to go to, but still it felt so good! I'm finally able to speak well enough
to tell these people how important this is! And you can share with Sandy
that we had another man that was confused about the Bible and Book of
Mormon, but this time we brought him to the chapter in second Nephi and then
in the Bible also where it talks about the two sticks and he felt good about
it by the end. It was fun.
The Latin missionaries continue to make things a little more exciting
every day... Apparently bathrooms aren't used quite the same way all over
the world, so that took a little discussing with the new roommates, but it's
all good now... I think... But it's fun to have them around, cause they
think I look like Jason Bourne :) I've had two elders from the DR ask if
they could take pictures with me bahahaha it's great.
But along with Latin Missionaries, some new teachers are here now, one
of which got back from serving in Santiago four weeks ago, so he was telling
me all about the President (who doesn't speak English) and the best areas
and stuff. It got me really pumped to go!
Which is good, because I leave in about a week and a half... A week
from Tuesday morning I get on a bus and drive three hours north up to the
mission home where I stay for one day and then I'm out in the field. I
learned that my first companion will probably be a North American, which is
good and bad, but I'm excited nonetheless... I can't wait!! I finally get to
go out and work. It's gonna be good...
Please keep me updated with things and give the girls huge hugs for me.
I love you
Elder Joel Cornwell
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment